While we would love for you to follow us online – Nothing is more important to us than your child’s safety. Parents be sure your kids are safe online (link). Also ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you know ALL their on-line “Friends?” Surveys show kids will often add total strangers who ask thinking “they must know me or they wouldn’t ask?” “I don’t want to hurt their feelings.” Or even for competitive reasons, “Look how many friends I have!”
- Do you know if they are on twitter? Many parents do not. Ask. Then make sure you “follow” them.
- Do you know Facebook requires you be 13 to signed up? It hurts our witness when we lie online.
- Does your child have their privacy set properly on facebook and twitter? If I can read your tweets without permission – so can that creepy weird guy.
- Do you have access to their accounts? — Sure your child is trustworthy. But the world is not. Be smart. Yes it takes work – but that’s why God trusted you to be the parent.
There are more questions but, it’s critical we do the homework to keep our children safe in today’s world. If you need help, please post a comment here and we’ll try and find an answer for you.